The University of Southampton is looking for photonics pioneers that are interested to apply for the PhD Studentships in Nonlinear Photon Sources for Quantum Technologies to conduct a research study in the UK for the academic year 2022-2023.
International students from EU countries and UK national students are exclusively offered this studentship to cover tuition fees and receive a stipend worth £18,000 for up to 3.5 years. To be eligible to win this studentship, students must have academic qualifications in physics, materials science, mechanical or electronic engineering, and experimental skills.
The University of Southampton is a public research university in Southampton, England. Southampton Business School is a part of a world-renowned Top 100 QS ranked Russell Group University with a global reputation for academic excellence.
Why choose to study at the University of Southampton? Southampton Business School has an ambitious quality-driven strategy of growth, which will see us strengthen our position as a world-class business school in research, education, and enterprise.
Application Deadline: The closing date for applications for this studentship is Wednesday, 31st August 2022.
- University or Organization: University of Southampton
- Department: Zepler Institute for Photonics and Nanoelectronics
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: £18,000
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in the United Kingdom.
- Eligible Countries: UK and EU national students are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD study programmes in the Nonlinear photon sources for quantum technologies at the University of Southampton can be applied for.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have a very good undergraduate degree (at least a UK 2:1 honors degree, or its international equivalent).
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students can submit their application for admission on the university’s application portal. Students must refer to the ‘How to apply’ section to find details about the studentship application.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Research Proposal
- Curriculum Vitae
- Two reference letters
- Degree Transcripts to date
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must be holding good degrees (1st class, 2:1 honors, or MSc) in physics, materials science, mechanical or electronic engineering.
- Language Requirement: The students must be required to observe the English language requirements of the university closely and fulfill the same.
The University of Southampton will provide the selected candidates full tuition plus, for UK students, and an enhanced stipend of £18,000 tax-free per annum for up to 3.5 years.
APPLY NOW: University of Southampton
Follow Our Social Media