The Hatfield Lioness Scholarship enables a female student from a developing country to benefit from undertaking postgraduate study at the University of Durham.
Application Deadline: 31st March 2022
Eligible Countries: Developing Countries
To be taken at (country): UK
About the Hatfield Lioness Scholarship: Hatfield College aims to award the Lioness Scholarship to an individual who has the academic and personal qualities to enable them to complete and benefit from a postgraduate course, and who will also act as a positive ambassador for their home country in Durham, and put their enhanced knowledge and skills gained from the master’s programme and experience in Durham to good use for the benefit of their society when they return home.
The scholarship has been set up as part of the celebration of 30 years of women students at Hatfield College, University of Durham, and is funded by alumni, friends of the College and other sources supportive of the scholarship’s aims
Eligible Field of Study: All except MBA
Type: Taught Master’s
Eligibility for Hatfield Lioness Scholarship:
- Applicants must have applied for and been offered an unconditional place on their chosen master’s programme by the end of June 2020.
- Applicants must not be in receipt of any other scholarship to fund their postgraduate studies.
- hold a relevant honours degree of sufficient standard to be admitted to your chosen Master’s course ; and
- have all other course entry requirements including the relevant English language qualification;
- not hold a Master’s degree; and
- not otherwise have the financial means to study for a Master’s degree in the UK
Selection Criteria: Applications will be considered on: academic merit, personal qualities and the fit with the chosen degree programme to the candidate’s aims.
Number of Awards: 1
Value of Hatfield Lioness Scholarship: The scholarship will cover:
- Full payment of university tuition fees
- Stipend for living expenses – 12 monthly payments
- One return economy air ticket from the home country to the UK, and the cost of return travel between the UK airport and Durham City
- Fully funded, self-catered, mixed accommodation at Hatfield College
- ‘Settling in allowance’ on arrival
- Cost of UK visa and the UK Health surcharge
- The Scholarship does not provide funding for dependants, nor for travel during the Scholarship
- Accommodation is for the Scholarship holder only; dependants cannot be accommodated
Duration of Programme: One academic year
How to Apply for Hatfield Lioness Scholarship:
- Stage 1: Submit an academic application for your chosen master’s programme; within this application you should reference your intention to apply for the Hatfield Lioness Scholarship;
- Stage 2: Submit an application for the Scholarship via this application form;
- Stage 3: Submit all supporting documents via email to [email protected] by the deadline.
APPLY NOW: Durham University Hatfield Lioness Scholarship
Follow Our Social Media