In search of the best iPad charging stations for schools?
We’ve got you covered in here.
To ensure a better learning environment is enabled for students, technological resources like iPads and tablets are fully implemented. They do strike immediate interest and engagement while encouraging good learning memories.
They can serve as tools for online assessments, researches, and also for recreation, which can include playing educational games since students do find it beneficial in connecting more quickly to lessons been taught in classes.
And since these devices are relatively cheap and can also be provided for students in the classroom, learning is supposed to be fun-filled.
But with all this ongoing, there is a helpful need for proper storage and charging.
iPad charging stations will play an outstanding part in here as they are invariably the answer to the charging of multiple devices.
Whenever you are ready to use, they are also on the ground to perform. That is one reason they are the go-to option for the charging of your tablets, iPads, and other electronic devices.
Indeed, there are factors you should always consider before ever choosing one, especially if you have in your possession multiple iPads to charge. Many factors must still fall into place to ensure a durable and reliable charging station is chosen.
Nothing becomes more frustrating than a busy teacher finding out the many iPads to be used for the day’s learning are not fully charged. It hinders his/her productivity that very day and can also affect the students as well.
But in a way as to support students learning, gadgets like good iPad charging stations in a classroom setting will go a long way in making students learning less challenging and the teacher’s job much more comfortable to accomplish.
But before we bring you the five best iPad charging stations for schools, here are factors to consider before selecting one.
The 5 Best iPad Charging Stations For Schools Reviews
Here we’d be discussing the best-charging stations for iPad and their features.
Towards the end of the post will be a section where we look into factors to consider before buying one.
1. Tripp Lite CSD1006 AC Charging Station
Tripp Lite CSD1006 AC Charging Station
- USB CHARGING FOR QUICK TURNAROUND: Locking enclosure provides USB charging for up to 10 tablets, iPads, and e-readers, up to 10.5 inches. Delivers up to 5V 2.4A per port via BC 1.2 rapid charging. The charging station is recommended wherever multiple mobile devices are used—schools, offices, warehouses, etc.
- CLUTTER-REDUCING ORGANIZATION FOR UP TO TEN DEVICES: 1.25 in. wide slots hold devices up to 10.5 inches and can be removed to accommodate thicker devices. Cabling is secured beneath the shelf tray to alleviate clutter. Six-foot AC input cord with right-angle NEMA 5-15P plug reaches convenient outlets.
- LOCKING LID & COMPREHENSIVE SECURITY FEATURES: Locks with included keys to help prevent device theft, damage, or tampering. The multi-dock charging station includes a combination cable lock that secures the unit to a desk or cart.
This one is coming with a surge protector, a well-vented cabinet, and short cables to plug in your devices. You need not worry much about electrical sparks, overheating devices, or disorganization of the relative surrounding.
This is one charging station that can contain ten of your electronic devices all at once and will help charge all effectively with its high-speed AC charging. And irrespective of been mostly used for iPads, it is also compatible with other devices.
Buying this iPad charging station is one smart investment move to make and never lose value. With it’s three main features of efficient charging, adequate storage with its lock features, and the proper organization of devices, you can use this station in schools and expect remarkable results.
It’s surge protector, i.e., which protects the station from voltage spikes by grounding unnecessary voltages, is duly rated at 2880 Joules. Since it automatically shuts off if any problem persists, your devices can at least be protected if the protection circuit is being breached.
This is a suitable charging station if you have students that make use of these gadgets as you can leave the iPads unattended and come back to them safely.
What We Like:
- A year warranty.
- Cable management is easy.
What We Don’t Like:
- Not fit for Lenovo Chromebook.
- Quite heavy.
2. Kensington Universal Tablet and Laptop AC Charging Station (K62878NA)
Kensington Universal Tablet and Laptop AC Charging Station (K62878NA)
- Universal Compatibility allows you to store and charge up to 12 AC-powered devices (up to 14″ each), including Chromebook, Surface Pro, MacBook, iPad, Galaxy Tab, laptops, and 2-in-1’s
- Sturdy Metal Frame offers durable protection to withstand the demands of everyday use while also providing effective heat dissipation
- Industrial-Grade Surge Protector provides 12 well-spaced outlets for protection against voltage spikes
- Ample Power Adapter Storage keeps AC power adapters neatly tucked away; Built-in Cable Management keeps cords organized and reduces clutter
- Portable Design fits on standard AV carts for easy transport between offices or classrooms
This charging station is mostly compatible with iPads and laptops. It charges devices stored in it efficiently and all other types of electronic gadgets like Chromebooks, MacBooks, etc
It is very portable, allows for different devices to be held in it with its adjustable dividers while also featuring an inbuilt surge protector. It is also very durable and efficient as it can store up to twelve iPads or laptops to be charged all at once. This is an excellent feature needed for schooling activities.
Students will always need these gadgets whenever the need arises; this particular model is up to the task even in cases of emergency.
One significant aspect many charging station lovers do mostly seek is the ability to keep cables organized and prevent clutter. Kensington cables are relatively short due to its inbuilt cable management and, as a result, can achieve such a feat.
What We Like:
- Sturdy and secure.
- Good design.
- It features a good PDU in the back for power.
- The thick steel used makes it secure and robust.
What We Don’t Like:
- Not fit to be used for a laptop unless slant.
- It has no hinge on the door.
3. Belkin Store and Charge Tablet and Laptop AC Charging Station
Easy To Use
Belkin Store and Charge Tablet and Laptop AC Charging Station
- Stores and charges up to 10 tablets at easy to reach angles
- Fits all iPad generations, Samsung Galaxy, Chromebook, e readers, and up to 13 Inch laptops, Designed for Surface Certified Partner
- Equipment Protection Value: $15,000
- Built in cable management features to minimize tangles and clutter
- Open set up to facilitate easy access and wireless syncing
- Stores and charges up to 10 devices at easy to reach angles, Fits most cases up to 1.18 Inch thick
- Fits all iPad generations, Samsung tablets, e readers even in protective cases, and compatible laptops or Chromebooks up to 13 Inch.
Accessibility of devices after a full charge is invariably necessary to meet up with the intended use. But if you have to separate several devices one after another and remove them carefully so as not to tamper with other iPads, it can be very tiring.
The Belkin store and charge, just as its name implies, allows for your device to be readily accessed easily and quickly. Powered by strong alternating current, this model makes up for compatibility with different electronic devices; many other models may not possess.
It has ten available space to contain different devices, mostly iPads at a time, while also allowing efficient charging and storage of these gadgets.
It also allows for easy wireless syncing, built-in cable management to prevent tangles, and lightweight as it weighs just 9.2 pounds.
What We Like:
- It hides cords well.
- Protection against a surge in the power supply.
What We Don’t Like:
- It doesn’t seem to work nicely with Chromebooks.
4. NTONPOWER USB Fast Charging Dock
Multiple Protection System
NTONPOWER USB Fast Charging Dock
- USB Charging Station for Multiple Devices: This charging dock station features 7 USB charging ports, it allows you to charge up to 7 USB-powered devices simultaneously, such as iPhone, iPhone X, iPad, Android smartphones, tablets, Kindle, smart speaker, wireless earbuds, power bank, Qi wireless charging pad, headsets and more. Top-notch USB smart charging technology which can detect and deliver optimal current output up to 2.4A per port, 7 USB ports up to 70W, is able to charge 7 iPad at once
- Multi-protection Safety System: This desktop charging station made of high strength fireproof ABS+PC material can bear high temperature up to 750 ℃ and high-end solid capacitor ensure complete protection for your devices from electrical short circuit, over heat, over charging, over current and over voltage. Listed by FCC, CE and RoHS, safety is guaranteed.
This ten port charging station can find a part to play in the charging of multiple devices in schools. Each slot has a power rating of 2.4A; the NTONPOWER can charge up different devices efficiently and quickly.
This rugged iPad charging station is very portable and comes with a unique bus design, which makes it just the perfect size for easy transfer.
It conserves time, prevents stress while plugging in devices, and also ensures enough energy is saved while charging. And since it can achieve specific tasks in a school setting, its safety features will also be a bonus in safeguarding devices plugged in.
This charging station helps prevent overheating of the station and devices plugged in a while, delivering an outstanding charge for tablets and iPads connected.
All thanks to the smart IC controller implanted into this station, it allows this model to be suitable for school use
Also, you need not worry about a fire outbreak due to its intelligent temperature control, which will shut off the charging station in any case of overcharging, voltage spikes, or other forms of dangers that may occur. Its durable power cord can also resist tension, ensuring safety against exposed cables.
What We Like:
- No cables included.
- It charges faster and effectively.
What We Don’t Like:
- The slots can be made larger.
- The narrow slots might not fit in all devices.
5. Satechi 7-Port USB Charging Station Dock
Satechi 7-Port USB Charging Station Dock
- 7 Powered USB Ports (3 x 2.4A and 4 x 1A ) � Simply connect your own charging cable and this powerful charging station will charge up to 7 devices, including smartphones and high-powered devices such as tablets
- Includes 7 Velcro straps for cable management � Keep your devices and cables organized. We suggest using this product with Apple MFI Certified Cables.
- Organize up to 7 devices � 7 slots with anti-scratch silicone pads organize your devices even with the cases still on
- Surge protection on each port � Built-in smart charging chipset provides determines the charge needed for your device, delivering a steady and safe charge
- Power in a compact space � At 7.4 x 5.5-inches, this charging station packs the power without taking up precious space on your desk.
The Satechi costs just fifty dollars on Amazon but does perform an outstanding job in charging up electronic devices effectively.
It allows for seven devices to be charged up all at once and with its seven by 5 inches size. It does deliver a powerful charge to all devices plugged in, enabling fast charging. It’s sleek design also prevents clutter, ensuring organization.
This model is an exceptional one with its smart features and unique abilities. It comes with a surge protector to prevent any damage with its four ports producing 5W of power and three ports producing 12W.
This is one efficient station that can be used in schools to charge the same brands of iPads or some other devices that may be available.
What We Like:
- No cable included
- A year manufacturer warranty
- Not too compatible with all devices
- Slots are not too wide.
What We Don’t Like:
- The power cord goes through the front.
Factors To Consider Before Selecting A Charging Station
Number of Ports
Some can go as high as ten ports per station, some sixteen. But on average, a typical charging station has four, five to seven ports per station. This helps hasten the many available devices to be charged and also ensures these devices are available for their intended use.
The number of ports is one factor you should always consider before selecting, especially when a student will need the functionality of a charging station in a school setting.
But one prominent feature to also look out for is their dividers or slot spaces as this do most times determine the neatness and organized look of the desktop or table it is placed on.
While ever opting for your preferred choice of an iPad charging station, always also ensure you are aware of the station’s power rating. The amount of watts it can deliver goes a long way in the fast charging of your devices. The classroom especially will have a fair number of students learning and will, most of the time, require fast charging. Teaching must not stop and so also learning.
A station with enough power rating will always do the job pretty fine.
Professional, neat, and organized are features you should look for when selecting charging stations for your iPads. Though many don’t always come with included cables, always endeavor to purchase short and durable ones.
Quickly, below are our five best iPad charging stations for schools.
Here are the five best iPad charging stations for schools. But be aware the list keeps changing, and Learncora will always keep you updated.
Can you also recommend some charging stations which you feel deem fits for use in schools? Kindly make use of the comment box?